Refranes con aves, perros, gatos, caballos y otros animales
Refranes en inglés con animales
Pronto estaremos agregando nuevas categorías de refranes!
Cuando termines de leer los refranes puedes intentar el siguiente ejercicio. Completa las oraciones con uno de los refranes y expresiones idiomáticas, elige el que consideres que mejor se adapta a la situación y luego verifica tus resultados.
1) Mark and Jenny are so alike; they are always relaxed, they both love music, ice-cream, video games and going out. You know what they say _ _ _
Birds of a feather flock together He is a bookworm As busy as a bee
2) Phil cannot live without his books. He's a _ _ _
To eat like a horse He is a bookworm To be a copycat
3) I have been _ _ _ these days. I've done a lot of work and I still have so much more to do.
You can't teach an old dog new tricks Let sleeping dogs lie As busy as a bee.
4) The general manager of the company has been away these past few weeks and everything is upside down.
Nobody wants to work and we are wasting so much time. As the saying goes _ _ _ To kill to birds with one While the cat's away, the mice will play. To be a bird-brain
5) _ _ _ Don't make a decision with such hurry. You need to slow it down and think better about it.
Hold your horses! Birds of a feather flock together A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
6) You're really hungry, aren’t you? You’re _ _ _
You’re eating like a horse! To be as free as a bird Let sleeping dogs lie
7) My dog is always the _ _ _ . My little brother always blames him for everything that is broken in the house.
Never look a gift horse in the mouth To be a Trojan horse The scapegoat
8) My poor grandmother is 98 and she is _ _ _. She can't see almost anything.
Hold your horses! To be eagle-eyed As blind as a bat
9) If you feel too tired, you can have _ _ _ there in the chair. I promise I will be silent.
To be a bookworm A catnap A scapegoat
10) My father is not a mean man, he just has a bad character, but in the end, he can be really generous. You know what they say _ _ _
The donkey-work A cat has nine lives Barking dogs never bite
Abingles > Refranes, modismos y eufemismos